The Society's Management Committee met on 18th March 2020 to consider action to be taken following the latest Government and Health Authorities’ advice about the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Society has a duty of care to its members and staff, the age profile of members is high and people over 70 are in a higher risk group, particularly those with underlying health problems. There is a need to avoid non-essential contact and increased social distancing is recommended.
After considering all of these factors the Management Committee made the following decisions:
- The premises at 15 Abchurch Lane, London EC4N 7BW will be closed to all members, volunteers and visitors with immediate effect. The building will only be open for essential maintenance work and related activities to be carried out.
- A skeleton staff will be established to work at 15 Abchurch Lane from 10.00 until 16.00 hours Monday-Friday, and other staff will work from home. Home working may include answering emails and telephone calls.
- All remaining meetings in the programme for the current season (dates are 19 March, 2 April, 23 April, 7 May, 21 May, 4 June) will be postponed until the 2020-2021 season. This means that additional Thursday meetings will be held at 15 Abchurch Lane during the period September 2020 to May 2021 to allow all postponed displays to be exhibited.
- Spink & Son Ltd will continue to be allowed to use the facilities under their contract with the Society.
- The London 2020 International Exhibition is postponed until 19-26 February 2022. Click here for more information.
- The President's Dinner is postponed until Friday 19th February 2021 during Spring Stampex (17-20 February 2021).
The situation is changing rapidly, and alterations to other planned activities may be necessary. It is disappointing and unfortunate that we have had to postpone events and make the changes described above, but the health, welfare and safety of members and staff is our first and paramount consideration.
With my very best wishes,
Richard Stock FRPSL
President of The Royal Philatelic Society London
Impact on the Service Provided by the Expert Committee
The meeting of the Expert Committee scheduled for 22nd April has been postponed, and it is quite possible that the meeting scheduled for 3rd June will also be postponed. Any queries concerning the services provided by the Expert Committee should be directed to Lucy Caulfield.
Expertisation Manager & Administrative Secretary to the Expert Committee
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7935 7332