Membership of the Society
The applicant must be aged 18 or over. Members who act as proposer and seconder must, from personal knowledge, vouch for the applicant. Should the applicant not be known to any member of the Society, the name and address of a responsible person who can give a similar assurance must be supplied. It is not necessary for a prospective member to be an advanced philatelist.
The main benefits of membership are:
- Use of the premises at 41 Devonshire Place and the opportunity of attending regular meetings, inspecting many of the finest collections of stamps in existence and meeting prominent collectors.
- Access to one of the most comprehensive libraries of philatelic literature in the world, as well as the latest catalogues and periodicals.
- The right to submit stamps to the Expert Committee of the Society at fees lower than those payable by non-members, including two opinions each year FREE (subject to £15 per item handling charge).
- The receipt of The London Philatelist ten times a year.
- By the terms of the Society's constitution the Council may, at its discretion, designate certain members as 'Fellows' of the Society, and such Fellows shall have the right to place the letters FRPSL after their names.
- Wider access to online information through the members' section of this website.
Click here for A Brief Outline of Member Benefits
- Entry/Joining Fee for New Members £30.00
Annual Membership Fees:
- U.K. Town £168.00 (if home address is within a 40 mile radius of Charing Cross, London *)
- U.K. Country £120.00 (elsewhere in the UK)
- Overseas £108.00
* U.K. applicants can enter their postcode to calculate the Radius Distance (i.e. the straight line distance as the Crow Flies) from Charing Cross to their residence. Less than 40 miles means U.K. Town membership, greater than that means U.K. Country membership.Enter the postcode in the box above, then click here to get the distance
Click here for Terms and Conditions