The applicant must be aged 18 or over. Members who act as proposer and seconder must, from personal knowledge, vouch for the applicant. Should the applicant not be known to any member of the Society, the name and address of a responsible person who can give a similar assurance must be supplied. It is not necessary for a prospective member to be an advanced philatelist.
Any full-time student of the age of 14 or over interested in philately, and in the furtherance of the Objects of the Society, is eligible to apply to become an Associate Member at much reduced rates. Associate membership has no upper age limit and can be applied for so long as the Associate Member is a full-time student. You can click here for more details.
How to Apply
For a Membership Application Form, click here for a Microsoft Word document or PDF version to print.
Benefits of Membership
The main benefits of membership are:
- Use of the premises at 15 Abchurch Lane and the opportunity of attending regular meetings, inspecting many of the finest collections of stamps in existence and meeting prominent collectors.
- Access to one of the most comprehensive libraries of philatelic literature in the world, as well as the latest catalogues and periodicals.
- The right to submit stamps to the Expert Committee of the Society at fees lower than those payable by non-members.
- The receipt of The London Philatelist ten times a year.
- By the terms of the Society's constitution the Council may, at its discretion, designate certain members as 'Fellows' of the Society, and such Fellows shall have the right to place the letters FRPSL after their names.
- Wider access to online information through the members' section of this website.
Click here for A Brief Outline of Member Benefits
Click here for Terms and Conditions
Announcement of Membership Applications
The following applications have been received for membership of the Royal Philatelic Society London. All have been duly proposed and seconded as shown. If a member wishes to express an opinion on any of these applications they should be communicated to the Honorary Secretary at 15 Abchurch Lane in writing, or by email to email@example.com by Wednesday 18th May 2022. The applications will thereafter be presented to the Society's Council for approval.
||Illinois, United States of America
Announcement of New Members as Approved by Council
The following new members, whose membership applications have been duly approved in accordance with the articles of association of the Society, have now been elected by Council. We wish them a long and enjoyable membership.
|Ali Abdulrahman Ali
||United Arab Emirates
||Massachusetts, United States of America