Any full-time student of the age of 14 or over interested in philately, and in the furtherance of the Objects of the Society, is eligible to apply to become an Associate Member. Associate membership has no upper age limit and can be applied for so long as the Associate Member is a full-time student. See details by clicking menu to the left.
How to Apply
For an Associate Membership Application Form together with more information, click here for a Microsoft Word document or PDF version to print.
The Society's Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy notes that
"An Associate Member who has not attained the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while attending a meeting of the Society. In this context 'guardian' means a legally appointed guardian or a person who has attained the age of 18 years standing in the place of a parent who takes responsibility for the Associate Member".
Benefits of Associate Membership
The benefits of being an Associate Member are:
- Wider access to online information through the members' section of this website.
- Use of the premises at Abchurch Lane and the opportunity of attending meetings.
- Access to the Society's comprehensive library of philatelic literature, as well as the latest catalogues and periodicals.
- Associate Members receive The London Philatelist, and news and information about the Society, by electronic communication.
- The opportunity to inspect fine collections, and meet prominent collectors, experts and enthusiasts for philately from both the United Kingdom and overseas.